Name: Gergely Vértes
My linkedin profile: http://be.linkedin.com/in/gergelyvertes
Operational Excellence Manager (1year MBA Graduate Program) at UCB
February. 2012- Brussels,
- Main responsibility: Internal Consultant - Change Management
- Closed Loop Relationship Management
- Customer Segmentation + Customer Insights
- Innovation + Digital.
- Rotational program (HQ and affiliate).
Consultant in Health Economics and Outcome Research (after MBA)
Our final report on
September 2011- December 2011 (3 months) Brussels, Belgium
|File Size:||2609 kb|
Publications, News about our report:
1. Vlerick Website:Vlerick in-company project leads to policy-level discussion on personalised healthcare23 Mar 2012
The Vlerick full-time MBA in-company projects, which are a standard part of the curriculum, offer a unique opportunity for the students to put their learnings into practice and apply their professional experiences to companies. These projects can lead to tangible results for the companies as well. A case in point is the highly successful joint student project carried out by Daniel Gassull, Prateek Jain, Muhilan Palaniappan and Gergely Vértes – all students in the Vlerick full-time MBA class that graduated in September 2011.
They were hired by Science|Business – a think tank, based in Brussels and London, that connects industry, policy and research across Europe – to conduct aEuropean health-economic study on personalised medicine. Their work evaluated the financial and cost-effectiveness impacts of investing in new ICT and diagnostic technologies for personalised healthcare in the UK (as a sample country). The students outperformed expectations by far: to the extent that a policy-level discussion emerged after the results of their work were presented byVlerick Professor Walter Van Dyck to the European Commission in November 2011 and at the Royal College of Physicians in London in January 2012. The study has now been published and is available at the Science|Business website. It will also be published in a peer-reviewed journal.From: http://www.vlerick.com/en/media/news/corporatenews/17887-VLK.html
2. Health for All, Care for You Roundtable discussion: A Presentation on our report for the European Commission hosted by the British Ambassador (Pictures).
This Science|Businesss round table discussion featured a first look at the EU wide implications of new research, and propose several concrete recommendations to improve the landscape for personalised health care in Europe.
3. Unlocking the value of personalised healthcare in Europe—breast cancer stratification: Link
Volunteer - Operational Management (as MBA student)
Aravind Eye Hospital
July 2011 – August 2011 (2 months) Pondicherry Area, India
• Creatively translated the International Patient Safety standards to affordable solutions and implemented them with a constant monitoring system.
• Co-modelled the patient path in the outpatient department to optimise human resources, patient-waiting time which will help the management to forecast human resource requirements.
More information about our job with pictures.
Consultant specialized in Health Economics and Outcome Research (as MBA student)
May 2011 – July 2011 (3 months) Brussels, Belgium
Science|Business is the first independent media company that brings together researchers, investors and policy makers in the European innovation community.
This project was the second part of the Personalized Healthcare topic:
"The role of ICT and diagnostic devices in making personalized healthcare a reality in Cardiovascular Disease Management".
• Successfully created a pharmacoeconomic model and analysed an investment from a cost/benefit and cost/effectiveness perspective in Cardiovascular Disease Management in 5 countries for several applications.
• Analysed the ROI for each application/country and showed a positive return in most cases after the first year. • Efficiently managed to collect the comparable cost data from each country with personal interviews under strict deadlines.
• The results were presented on Capitol Hill by the Transatlantic Policy Network, a US-EU organisation for policy dialogue (July 11) and will be presented for EU Commission (November 2011) and at the Royal College of Physicians (January 2012).
Sales and Marketing Manager
Hungarian Tourism Board Office
November 2009 – September 2010 (11 months) Brussels Area, Belgium
Hungarian National Tourism Board is the official tourism marketing agency serving the Hungarian tourism industry in 26 countries and representing an industry which creates 10% of the Hungarian GDP.
• Designed and implemented a suitable marketing campaign for the European Cultural Capital City (2010-Pécs) and for the Hungarian EU Presidency.
• Implemented the campaign with full responsibility for the cultural capital city and achieved 30% growth in guest nights from Belgium.
• Established a Hungarian Wine tasting Club which is a part of the Hungarian EU-presidency Campaign.
Business Development Manager
November 2006 – December 2009 (3 years 2 months) Hungary - Croatia
Fenstherm Ltd. is the market leader in Eastern Europe in the plastic window manufacture market, this business unit was specialized in tourism to diversify their assets.
• Established a new business division with total investment of 2 million Euro in Croatia.
• Directed the project with full responsibility and coordinated a team of 10 professionals.
• Successfully led the negotiations with the local authorities, subcontractors, local organizations.
Sales and Event Manager
Event Incoming Service
December 2003 – December 2006 (3 years 1 month)
• Introduce new ideas for incentive trips for companies like Deutsche Telekom, HP.
• Successfully managed 90 people to organize a conference for 1200 attendants.
• Effectively increased the client satisfaction with implementing new processes and for the generated ideas received the employee of the year award.